The Ultimate Skincare Routine for Your 20s
Being in your 20s can be overwhelming! Trying to have fun while deciding what we will do for the rest of our lives has its challenges. The last thing you might be thinking of is your skincare routine. And the truth is, in your 20s, skin bounces back so quickly that it does not look like you need to put in much effort. However, if you take early action, you can make a significant impact on your skin’s health. Prevention and protection will help you reduce the impact of external factors that affect daily, like UV rays, pollution particles, makeup, and debris. And you don’t need a skincare routine with 10 or 15 steps. You just need a few steps to keep your skin smooth, clear, and hydrated.
What are the Most Common Skin Problems in Your 20s?
While everyone’s skin is different, some common skincare concerns are likely to haunt you in your 20s.
- Acne: Most young adults will battle the infamous acne. One of the most common acne triggers is hormones, but pimples can also be triggered by stress, pore-clogging debris, and excess oil. People with large pores are more prone to acne breakouts.
- Dehydration: Even if you have oily skin, it does not mean it is hydrated. And this is a common mistake, people with oily skin don’t feel the need to hydrate the skin. No matter if you have dry or oily skin, it is important to moisturize your skin every day, in the morning and evening. Untreated dehydrated skin can lead to premature fine lines.
- Dull & Uneven Skin Texture: Dull and uneven skin are common issues in your 20s. People may forget to exfoliate and do not hydrate skin properly. Acne scars and enlarged pores can also be causing uneven skin texture. Eating nutritious foods full of vitamins and exfoliating the skin will help to keep your skin smooth.
- Dark Circles & Puffy Eyes: In our 20s, we tend to sleep less, leaving us with tired-looking eyes. The eye contour is one of the most sensitive & delicate areas on the face, and a restless night or week can trigger dark circles.
Recommended Skincare Routine for Your 20s
- Cleanse & Exfoliate Your Skin
No matter your age, cleanse your skin two times a day. We suggest a gentle approach in the morning. You can start by washing your face with cold water and a gentle facial cleansing gel. It should be enough to keep your skin clean and fresh. At night, you can be a bit more vigorous in your cleansing routine. Include a facial cleansing brush that can cleanse your pores deeply. When you leave home to go to college or for work, the skin is affected by so many external aggressors that can create more concerns. Choose a facial cleansing brush that suits your skin. The cleansing brush will not only remove pore-clogging impurities, such as makeup residues, pollution particles, debris, excess oil, but it will also massage the skin helping to improve blood flow on the face. Your skin will be clean, fresh, and revitalized. Consistent use can help you reduce the appearance of acne, fight dull skin and uneven texture for a smooth complexion.
Exfoliation is also extremely important, but you only need to do it one time per week to remove dead skin cells and build-up debris.
- Tone the Skin
Using a toner can help to soothe your skin after you finish cleansing.
“One of the virtues of toner is that it can minimize the appearance of pores. It also balances the skin's pH levels, restoring an acidic state so that skin is purified and better able to absorb moisture...” writes Julyne Derrick in a detailed article that everything you need to know about toners. Read the full article here.
- Hydrate Your Skin & Lock in Moisture
After you tone your face and neck, it’s time to replenish your skin. We recommend you to apply a face mask one time a week to give skin a boost of hydration. Face masks soften the skin providing deep hydration.
Use a hydrating cream two times a day to moisturize your skin after cleansing and toning. If you have oily skin, use a light moisturizing cream or gel that will sink into the skin, moisturizing the deeper layers of the dermis. To help your moisturizer to reach the deeper layers of the dermis and keep your skin moisturizer for longer, use the Hot/Cool Skin Device by TOUCHBeauty. Use the hot mode with your favorite cream. The warm massage will help to dilate pores allowing moisturizing ingredients to deeply penetrate the skin. Afterward, use the cool mode to lock in moisture and minimize the appearance of pores. The sonic massage will also promote relaxation and boost blood flow giving you a beautiful glow.
- Eye Care
The skin around the eyes is very delicate and can easily be affected by restless nights and stress. To keep the eye contour hydrated and smooth, use daily a moisturizing eye cream. If you are frequently affected by dark circles and puffiness, use an eye massager with a warm temperature and sonic vibration to boost blood flow and help you to revitalize your eyes. TOUCHBeauty Eye Cream Booster can also be used on your lips to smooth dry lips.
- Use SFP Every Day
Last but not least, you must apply SPF every day before you leave out the door (every single day). Not using SPF can seriously damage your skin, and when you get older, you will be more prone to wrinkles and dark spots.
Keep up with your skincare routine every day to get your skin glowing and radiant!