How to Wash Your Face: Face Cleansing Routine Tips for Healthy & Clear Skin
Properly washing your face is one of the most important steps in any skincare routine. If you apply makeup and sunscreen on a daily basis, you must cleanse your skin every day. Dirt and pollution micro-particles have the ability to penetrate into your pores throughout the day causing several skin concerns. Just splashing a bit of water to your face and rub it with your hands doesn’t count as cleansing. Proper and consistent daily cleansing is essential to maintain your skin healthy and overall radiance.
What happens if I don’t cleanse my skin daily?
It will depend on your skin type, but you may get clogged pores and dull skin. Cleansing the skin is also important to prepare the skin to receive the next skincare products. By not cleansing your skin, you will have more skin concerns, such as acne, blackheads, dry patches, and dull skin. It is not healthy allowing impurities and pollution particles to accumulate in your pores.
Can a face cleanser brush improve my face cleansing routine?
A face cleanser brush can do what your hands are not able to, penetrate the pores and remove all accumulated dirt, pollution micro-particles, and excess oil while gently exfoliating the skin. The brush will help to remove dead skin cells that can cause your skin to look dull. TOUCHBeauty Electric Facial Cleanser is a dual-mode cleansing system. The fine and soft bristles from a cleansing brush will effectively unclog pores, gently remove dead skin cells, and massage the skin increasing blood circulation. Cleansing your skin with a brush will prepare it to better absorb the next skincare products. You will notice makeup application will be smoother. Use the oscillation brush if you have sensitive to normal skin, and the rotation brush if you have combination to oily skin. Your complexion will feel and look healthier, clearer, and more radiant.
How often should I cleanse my skin?
We recommend cleansing the skin two times a day. Give extra attention to your skin in the evening. Cleanse your skin deeply with a face cleanser brush to remove accumulated impurities and excess sebum from being out and about all day. In the morning we recommend a gentle cleansing routine. Wash your face after you wake up with cold water and a gentle face cleanser gel, it will help you to wake up, and remove excess sebum produced while you sleep.
5 Tips to Enhance Your Face Cleansing Routine
- Wash your hands before you start your face cleansing routine, especially nowadays, we want to avoid at all cost bacteria in our face.
- Double-cleanse: Why has double-cleansing become so popular? Because during the day pores accumulate pore-clogging impurities that after cleansing the skin one time, people start noticing it still has residues. Ideally, you remove your makeup with an oil-based cleanser and use a facial cleansing brush with a gentle cleansing gel to deeply remove any left residues. You will have the best results with this combination and your skin will feel fresh, clean, and smooth without feeling dehydrated.
- Cleanse your face even if you don’t go out. You cannot see micro-pollution particles, but they easily get into your pores. Skin is always producing sebum, even if you are indoors, excess sebum can clog pores.
- Always be gentle with your skin, no matter if you have sensitive or oily skin. Choose or facial cleansing products wisely and always go for gentle cleansers that do not dry or irritate the skin.
- Don’t over-cleanse. Not cleansing the skin is not a good habit, but over-cleansing the skin can be detrimental as well. Stick to an 80 or 90s cleansing cycle 2 times a day.
Even if you feel tired after a long day of work, and the last thing you want to do is taking care of your skin, just take 10 min of your time to indulge in your skincare routine. Make it simple: double cleanse with an oil-based cleanser, cleanse again with a face cleanser brush, tone, apply serum, and lock all in with your moisturizer. Your skin will appreciate that pampering time.